TER 4.88% 19.5¢ terracom limited

Ann: Dividend Declaration, page-298

1. 4,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 720
    So BA has a nine year live of mine.
    Let's say coal prices stay relatively constant here over the next three years (big if, i know but that's the line i'm drawing).
    If the company continues to pay 10c divvies every quarter for next three years, and does nothing to secure or develop a future project, it'll still have (and so will all the major holders) six years of mine life left.
    That means i'll receive $84,000 in fully franked dividends (to save you doing the math, i have 70,000 TER with an average buy of 64cps).

Frankly, i don't care if the company does nothing in terms of further development in Aus or anywhere else for that matter, and they just decide to return capital to holders and close up shop. Nine years is a very long time and anything could happen between now and then!

$84k in divvies is just under twice what i originally paid. I could then exit anytime within the remaining six year life of mine, presumably with a capital gain.

You don't think everyone else hasn't run these numbers?

So thanks to the "5 year life of miner posters and other neigh sayers" but i'm quite happily making hay whilst the sun shines, as i'm sure are many others!

As i previously posted, quarterly divvies will give an early warning as to future directions ... as will updates from the company.

Right now, i'm happy to hold for the next three divvies at least.

Perdy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.010(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $156.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.0¢ $411.7K 2.089M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 1789817 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 4871 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.