CRN 1.27% $1.20 coronado global resources inc.

I have been thinking about my earlier post re acquisition of...

1. 247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    I have been thinking about my earlier post re acquisition of Blackwater.

I have raised my concerns on CRN management since their management of dividend/cap return just before Covid hit , then their subsequent debt restructures/ capital raisings........ the Blackwater will be the next test , a good deal vs a bad deal .

I think BHP would prefer to sell their assets and more importantly move their people to an established Aussie company vs China/USA companies.Also CRN already has mines near Blackwater , so clear synergy for operations going forward.... as such CRN would be in the box seat ............

Issues
    1) If BHP has concerns on CRN management ......they will not move their people there.
    2) How is the deal structured ........Price is not the main concern for mine.
    The preferred deal for me is one where there is NO new debt or capital raising required to absorb Blackwater.
    this would require an agreed purchase with BHP with a Payment schedule , which would follow CRNs cash flow from operations.
    Even with a Sales price that factored this , it could still be cheaper then DEBT and definitely better than the impact of a capital raising. CRN could pay $750 M by end of June and further $250m each half year until sales price paid out. The deal could include additional share of Blackwater profit based on agreed parameters to make the extended payments sensible for BHP.

Dunno is CRN has the negotiation skills to manage this deal in such a way ..........I have re purchased shares given current price decline and can only hope a) they make a smart deal for blackwater b) someone else buys it. Time always tells.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.20
Change
0.015(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $2.011B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.20 $1.21 $1.18 $2.620M 2.189M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 129838 $1.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.20 122848 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.20
  Change
0.015 ( 1.07 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.19 $1.21 $1.18 921304
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
CRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.