FMG 1.64% $21.32 fortescue ltd

Ann: Dividend/Distribution - FMG, page-137

1. 2,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3255
    I agree with you as well @willial, just like all the early adopters that bought the first Tesla that paid thru the nose for the first serious attempt at a mass production car. All the ICE manufacturers mocked Elon and his company and thought no need to move into that space. He will go broke in time and we can continue to make big fat margins on our ICE range of vehicles.

Whether you believe in climate change or not does not matter. The world view including governments in power believe we have to transition and transition quickly to a world of clean renewables. Twiggy is also smart enough to know all the early adopters into this space will be at the front of the line for government handouts and subsidies to help pay for the transition.

Just like electric cars government provided subsidies for early adopters to get the ball rolling and are still subsidizing every BEV car purchase . A lot of the worlds biggest steel consumers would be quite happy to pay a bit extra for green steel and just like the battle between ICE car and BEV parity the day will soon come when it will be cheaper to manufacture a BEV over a ICE vehicle. Every other big ICE company ignored Tesla at their peril and now find themselves at a point if they dont transition quickly a lot of them are going to go to the wall or be forced to merge with other car companies just to survive.

Most of the people I know always thought electric cars were a pipe dream and would never be as popular as ICE cars in their lifetime and now all the big players have stopped development on new ICE tech and will be BEV only within a decade. Twiggy just like Elon has 1000's of times enough money for them to live out their lives in luxury. Money now is of no consequence and like a lot of the worlds richest families of the past its not how much money you leave behind. Its about the legacy of leaving the world a better place for the future generations and making a mark in history that your family name and money contributed to it. Twiggy is very much made from the same mold and Elon, self made people from tough beginnings that defied the odds and rose to the glorified ranks to where they sit now. I believe in their visions and intend for me and my family to join them in the journey by investing a sizable sum into FMG so my family can enjoy the spoils and know in doing so our investment is going to contribute to a cleaner greener world for future generations.
    Last edited by SmugLex: 05/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.32
Change
-0.355(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $66.15B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $91.28M 4.229M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
33 30152 $21.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.32 4902 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.