FMG 1.02% $22.39 fortescue ltd

I've given up asking anyone here cause they're...

1. 3,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    I've given up asking anyone here cause they're ignoramuses or nasty.
    All I ever wanted to know is if I got paid the full 100% divvy, as I've only even been used to the 70% payment.
    I'm retired and i have the SMSF which I set up last year.
    This is my first huge divvy payment.
    So I wanted to make sure if I did also get the tax payment of 30%, to put it aside in case.
    I'm pretty sure I'll get to keep it all.
    I've had other divvys but had to wait until I did my taxes to get any at all.
    This shares is surprising to me because other shares goes up or down depending on people investing in it and before the divvy record dates, usually goes up then down after record date. Then the full 70% goes to us and the 30% to the tax man. Then we either qualify for the credit or not to claim it.
    This shares apparently follows the IO prices instead and looks like FMG pays us, instead of ATO, the 30% tax.
    I've never heard of a company doing that as I thought it was law to send taxes straight to the ATO??!!
    That's what my question was based on.
    But anyways, you do you and I'll add this post as another one closer to my wisdom as apparently I can't post on other share company without talking about divvys.
    I talk about the company itself and the fundamentals itself so it must be shocking that I can post without talking about divvys
    People slamming me about going on Google search needs to do more themselves as their answers are wrong and full of holes.
    As a good advice, I hope you guys use an accountant!!
    As one poster profile says, bad advice indeed

Anyways, Happy Easter and let's hope the SP hits a new high again

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.39
Change
-0.230(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $69.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.36 $22.61 $22.31 $43.69M 1.943M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 6748 $22.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.39 3603 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.