GRR 2.70% 36.0¢ grange resources limited.

Ann: Dividend/Distribution - GRR, page-104

1. 394 Posts.
    @trippa99 appreciate you positive sentiment and you do provide your reasoning for such, but just re-reading your post some things did cross my mind.

"Current aud prices would be providing grr with tons of cash so I expect dividend increases going forward..."

You don't consider $166mil to be "tons of cash" already? If not $166mil, what constitutes "tons of cash"? Along with many other shareholders/readers on here, we thought $166mil was a ton of cash and we already seriously expected a 'dividend increase' this time. So, surely you can understand the majority of us would have our doubts about your statement.

"...in the meantime a 5% yield is not too shabby."

As I have previously stated, at present @ 20c sp it's a 2.5% yield for new investors/shareholders (what's needed to holdup/pushup sp). The .5c divi paid last Sept means nothing to them.

"20c represents grr's cash, debtors and inventory so the company is technically free..."

Agree in principle, but do you recall/are you aware (maybe you were not a shareholder) that the sp traded at 80-85% discount to Cash at Bank for substantial periods during 2015-2016, don't even worry about debtors, inventory or asset/business values. It would seem it was of little concern to management last couple of years, what are you seeing that might suggest that mindset has changed?

"Maybe I have had more luck with this stock than others as have made substantial money on this over the years."

I'd say it's a living certainty that you "have had more luck with this stock than (the majority of) others as have made substantial money". This would explain your upbeat sentiment, but while our negative emotions derived from long periods of frustration might cloud our judgement, so too can overly optimistic thoughts due to only having experienced making "substantial money". I have fallen for that trap on a number of occasions.

"It should also be back in asx300 soon which might bring in some new investors that buy above 20 and not panic sell them back at a loss."

Well yes, a return back into the ASX300 could "bring in some new investors that buy above 20" and push the sp back up. But humour me for a moment, what if a return to the ASX300 wasn't in 'someone/s' best interests? And 'someone/s' had the power to prevent it, could that not be a reason for the sp to be pushed down? Conspiracy theory, maybe, but have a good think about all you know/should know of GRR and you might be able to see some merit in this theory. @cowboy72 posts might help.

"Have locked in 30k of gains in 2 months which for small player is fairly good."

30k profits in 2 months a very good for any investor/punter. A few years ago, I made quite a bit more than that in a month, but believe you me, the euphoria of such a 'good win' definitely clouded my judgement to my detriment for quite a while afterwards. I bought a heap of GRR shares

Yep, it can happen...
    Last edited by stantrent71: 04/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $416.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 36.5¢ 35.5¢ $621.5K 1.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 46745 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 45534 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GRR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.