GRR 2.70% 36.0¢ grange resources limited.

"You speak like you would like price to go down even though you...

1. 394 Posts.
    "You speak like you would like price to go down even though you hold. If you are holding then you should be more optimist on this one this time around."

Well @trippa99 I suppose I do, but don't confuse my 'wanting' with my 'resignation of what I foresee happening'. As a holder I should be more optimistic you say? Over many years I have been both optimistic, and tried to remain optimistic. Last week I was even optimistic enough to buy a few more shares at 25 & 25.5c, so sure (optimistic) that a 2c divi was coming and the sp would rocket well into the 30's maybe 40's. But TBH Tuesday's .5c divi ann drained me of optimism, at least for now. I had fully expected a 2c divi, but on Monday when the sp didn't open at 25c and trade upwards I feared 'someone' knew it was only going to be a 1c divi. How wrong can you be, it was only .5c. IMO there was no good reason GRR couldn't pay at least a 2c divi. They have $166mil Cash, so a 2c divi would have still left GRR with $143mil Cash, more than enough petty Cash for the business, required capex and even cover an unforeseen mishap like a mine wall slip. Seriously how much Cash is enough? Not to mention what a 2c divi or more would have done for the company's m/cap. For reasons, that I cannot comprehend, there seems little consideration is given to the company's sp or m/cap during their dividend deliberations.

So on Tuesday, after I picked my bottom lip up off the ground, I took a little time to ponder where to from here (sp 23 - 23.5c). I thought what would push the sp up and what would push it down and what was the likelihood of either happening. Thus, I drew the conclusion the sp couldn't do anything but go down and I posted accordingly with my reasoning which I'm sure you well know by now. As I said, the speed of the sp drop was a surprise, and that has altered my expectations for the sp in the lead up to X dividend. I now think the sp will open in the teens and trade in the teens this coming week and who knows after X divi? So we take what we're given (.5c divi) and endure another 6 months of hoping & praying that sooner or later there's a favourable outcome that rewards all of the faithful, blind, optimistic GRR shareholders.

@trippa99 I trust I've adequately explained why I "speak like (I) would like price to go down". You on the other hand have produced a couple of posts today that declare your optimism for GRR, so much so, I'm amazed you even sold at 26.5 with such 'optimism' that the sp is going to 30. You have provided a mixture of fact & opinion to back your argument/expectation. You are entitled, as are we all, to have your say. But, some of your posts have contained let us say conflicting and varied perspectives. In fact over the last 2 months a number of your posts seemed to change perspective from day to day, week to week, but I don't have the inclination to sift through 2 months worth. I think a couple of examples just from this week will suffice.

Maybe you could give some insight into your thinking with these two?

trippa99
    345 posts.
    Date:27/02/17
    Time:17:18:00
    Post #:22944593

Because there are people buying on the wrong days and selling on the wrong days. I wish I was a buyer today at 23-23.5 but went a little bananas today on ago and overspent.
    Grr has many more price gains to come but ago below 4c producing 16 million tons represents too awesome an opportunity to miss .
    Grr has the better product with more margin but the tassie mine won't produce more than about 2.6 million tons so whilst margin is high, a producer with more production and lower margin will end up making more profit. I still have grr representing a huge percentage of portfolio but now analysing growth options from this point in time.

trippa99
    345 posts.
    Date: 02/03/17
    Time: 12:41:28
    Post #: 23043356
    just wanted to say big thank-you for the sellers that allowed me to re-purchase at 21.5. really happy i managed to rebuy my 26.5 oversells at a 20% discount as at the time i thought i would not get them back again.
    The generosity you have shown is incredible.

Always up for a chat/debate about world problems and bigger stuff like all things GRR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $416.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 36.5¢ 35.5¢ $621.5K 1.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 46745 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 45534 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GRR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.