GRR 2.74% 37.5¢ grange resources limited.

Ann: Dividend/Distribution - GRR, page-78

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    Investors who wanted a bigger dividend - and are disappointed today, at least were true to their word ....and vented via the sell button.

I just don't think however, being people of principle  - or expressing disappointment this way - is financially the best approach. (given the big picture fundamentals behind the company)

It is great to maybe send a message or even some form of - "I will show them what I think"

But this sort of - "I am out because of the dividend" .... truely is not mainstream investing, or indeed the basis for the majority of bigger (and smaller)  investors, in their decision to buy, sell or hold.

I have never before seen a reaction like this....the selling after the announcement, meant the SP dropped, the same amount, as the actual dividend hoped for by many here.  (5 cents). Don't ask me to explain that - because I can't.

Without labouring the point, but in summary - I think what happened today is not the usual, broad, overall approach taken...in stock market investing. (as been said many times, still on a very attractive yield and the money not paid out in dividends, stays with the company.)

Selling todays means you have exited a company who will make over $400m NPAT this year - verse their cap of  $750m.

.....right now today, as even the sellers are aware, they have $500m cash.  If you question these figures - than just have another look at the report today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.5¢
Change
0.010(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $434.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 38.0¢ 36.8¢ $355.7K 952.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29999 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 61833 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GRR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.