ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 18,813 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3961
    Hi @groins and Pioupiou and thank you both for your relevant thoughts from someone who’s a bit aghast at the wipe out of a fortune that-might-have-been.

I’m definitely not one of those with the ‘uncanny knacks’ for predicting the highs and lows of life, the universe, or the price of NWH, but Pioupiou I reckon it’s those ones who are the canny, and it’s me who’s UNcanny.

— And instead of taking ‘losses’ on the chin as I told myself I would, as a consequence of the disappointment I was all for sending myself to a knack-ery!
    …. …. Right up until I tripped over the puppy into the limestone pavers of my driveway, copping a hard knock to the forehead rather than the chin!
    (A lesson there on the consequences of the knack for pointlessly beating oneself up given the {uncanny?} one for instant karma?)

So what next?
    Personally I am back to counting blessings!
    And as far as NWH goes, those near-19 million shares that went through on Friday must surely have consisted largely of index funds entering before the official ASX 200 rebalance day yesterday?
    (more than half of them after the CSPA at the closing price of $2.20?)​
    So maybe we will see a new substantial holder position announced tomorrow?

And surely that lot won’t want the price to drop too low from here before a solid recovery seeing as - as Pioupiou so succinctly summed up - nothing has changed in regards the solid and largely moated assets that sent the price soaring in recent months?

Plus there were intimations we might be seeing new contracts before EOFY
    - Not much on Seek hinting at where those might be from bar some recent ads from Primero seeking engineers for “new green energy hydrogen projects” and noting a strong pipeline of works.

Beyond this, and a hello to all, FWIW on life, the universe and half year reports, Stock head’s Eddy Sunarto wrote a useful summary about a fortnight ago which I’m putting in the spoiler for future reference.
    It has no direct mention of NRW, but some gems on the wider picture including;
    • …”the best word to sum up this earnings season is “underwhelming”.According to CommSec, only 46 per cent of ASX 200 companies reporting earnings had a lift in share prices on the day those figures were released.”
    • …”Profits were generally lower as expenses outpaced revenues.
    Only 41 per cent of companies had a lift in profits.
    From a total market perspective, consensus EPS (earnings per share) over the next 12 months is expected to hold steady, reflecting robust sales and revenue expectations.”…
    • … “According to CommSec, there were a few major themes this reporting season.
    Profit margin was one key theme, as it has come under pressure on the back of soaring operating costs.
    But many companies (mainly retailers) are also reporting that input costs and overall cost pressures may have peaked.
    • …. The reporting season is not just a backward-looking event, but also a time when companies outline what lies ahead.
    According to CommSec, the next six months look to be equally challenging, judging by comments made by companies.
    For one, more interest rate hikes lie ahead and Commonwealth Bank economists are expecting another 25bp rate hike in April…”

But he says many companies think the labour issues will continue to ease .. plus a lot more …

So all up we are doing more than OK and will continue to do so, and this temporary price battering is just providing new investors opportunity to enter at great prices?
    .. And next level down - if the battering continues - is around $1.94?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.