SCG 0.31% $3.21 scentre group

Ann: Dividend/Distribution - SCG, page-28

1. 1,780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 412
    It is quite possible yes I agree...REITS have an uncanny way of reinventing themselves by mandate....by that I mean supply & demand, socio economics, macro economics....I think the Zombie economies or businesses being propped up by Gov vote support will only go so far...its prone to abuse with a little bit fraud mixed into the recipe..& crowds being tribal will make the malls a one stop shop...therefore diversification within the mall model will adapt to supply & demand....with SCG the Real estate just could not be replicated these days with labour costs, materials & red tape allbeit councils are repealing a lot of that to stimulate growth to be seen as trying to help, but accounting and Gov support will prop up strong returns in REITS as they are simply created to assist in Super funds as a defensive mechanism...
    Im no accountant & I dont prescribe to understand the ducks nuts on REITS accounting mechanisms on returns leveraged through Asset allocations to enhance bottom lines or operating income to maintain a mandated no lower than a 5% div stream, but they continually without fail do it.
    I have averaged down a few cents north of where the SP is now in the belief that $4 may never return, I might be wrong, but I know the share price will be another 20% north of where it is now when vaccination is at a point of normalcy.
    You may be right that .22c may be a thing of the past, but REITS have an uncanny way of adapting to change as a defensive div stream.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SCG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.21
Change
-0.010(0.31%)
Mkt cap ! $16.67B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.19 $3.22 $3.18 $17.42M 5.434M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 36767 $3.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.22 210121 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.22
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.20 $3.22 $3.18 2100334
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
SCG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.