SIQ 0.71% $8.45 smartgroup corporation ltd

I suspect a lot of people will be badly burnt by these cars....

1. 11,077 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 679
    I suspect a lot of people will be badly burnt by these cars. They may be worth very little in a few years time, as technology is changing fast, and better quality EVs can't be far away, with decent batteries that might not have the same level of side reactions. Also fast charging reduces the battery life as does charging to 100%.
    Finally these cars are very heavy - about double the weight of a comparable ICE. So lots of extra costs in tyres, and insurance is expected to cover greater damage caused. The gov might have its hands out eventually to cover greater road maintenance and injury costs. Insurance for Tesla's where the speedo requires you to look down and sideways might well go up as well, if this causes more accidents.

And convenience is very low if you drive a bit - takes a couple of days to fully charge one at home, and there is queue rage, and finding a working charging station in the bush.

So if you are supplying these under contract there are pricing and risk issues to consider. That might gradually need to be factored in for the short and medium term.

I'm really surprised that there is not far more excitement about lower range EVs for home charging with a 150 km range or so. I'd like to get one for local driving. Commuting with an EV - esp in stop start traffic, is relatively far more efficient than coasting, c/w ICE.
    Last edited by CaptainBarnacles: 08/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.45
Change
-0.060(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $1.132B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.52 $8.62 $8.45 $2.520M 296.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5268 $8.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.51 1463 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SIQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.