WAM 0.00% $1.60 wam capital limited

Ann: Dividend/Distribution - WAM, page-7

1. 1,500 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 592
    I think there's been a lot of doom about the WAM shares lately including a lot on Motley Fool.

The market was worried about performance and dividend being cut. The WAM team laid these concerns to bed - for now or for at least the next 6 months.

They've come out with some nice outperformance and importantly have grown profit reserves in Jan 2023.

The WAM team / Geoff Wilson are not silly - they know the SP will decline if they don't pull out all the stops to continue to reward shareholders in their flagship LIC.

The fact that they continue to have confidence to pay 7.75c in dividends should give us confidence they will find ways to do it. It keeps kicking the problem down the road for now but if there is a will, there is a way (whether by acquisitions or selling down top performers) ... until such time as they have strike a knock out great period of returns that put us on healthier profit reserve footing.
    At that time, the SP may then re-rate back to historical norms, whilst we've collected dividends along the way (that's what I hope anyway!)

I am happy now I picked up some more the other at low $1.50's.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.60
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.781B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.59 $1.61 $1.59 $946.7K 592.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 18520 $1.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.60 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.37pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.