ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 554
    I find it fascinating that before the merger WDS was complained about as having too much debt. The share price was depressed. Now it seems msny of those same parties are screaming about not getting enough by way of dividend. I think Australian shareholders have become greedy for the company to pay put almost all incone. Then they complain about dilution via CR's.
    I dont really think that we appreciate that Fossil fuels are the new tobacco industry. We will find it hard to get finance. More banks will withdraw from playing in this industry. So less sources of funding - higher rates.
    I would rather a smaller dividend and the certainty that we can finance any exploration and development needed to keep the dividends flowing.
    Then the next bleat is that "Meg" isnt doing a good job or that the selldowm hasnt happened.
    It just seems odd that no-one appreciates the fact that Fossil fuels are under threat just as the tobacco industry was or maybe still is. That it isnt business as usual.
    Personally I think management pulled off a great deal with BHP. They did a very delicate balancing act in regard to dividend. They are doing an adequate job at least of managing the assets.
    What is strange is that the threat to your investment comes from all.those seeking to stop fossil fuels yet it seems to come from within these forums where a number of parties are constantly complaining about everything or anything. It would just be amazing if we could all focus on keeping these businesses oprrating and defend them rather than constantly try to run them from the outside.
    Last edited by joewolf: 10/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$26.64
Change
0.580(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $50.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$26.31 $26.84 $26.26 $208.8M 7.845M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 49672 $26.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$26.65 1225 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.