RMS 1.60% $1.90 ramelius resources limited

I find some the the above comments a bit naive from investors...

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69

I find some the the above comments a bit naive from investors who should know better in the market.

There is a big difference in capital management between paying a dividend and investing in an asset such as the EXU takeover.  In a good takeover the RMS would pay 5c to get an asset worth 10c value to each shareholder by returning 1c in additional income over the next 10 years.  For RMS to pay a 5c dividend it would be cash lost to the company for the future.

1c minimum at current share price is 2.5% which may be low in australia but very good internationally, especially for a gold miner. As someone sensibly pointed out above if the FCF was $100K that could be up to 5c dividend which would be over 10% at the current share price - so there is no way RMS would stay at the current share price and the dividend would also result in a capital increase.

I think even the fact that we now have a dividend policy will attract investors so the share price is likely to appreciate in the medium term, more so when it is actually declared. 

Dividends are therefore a balance of capital management between keeping investors happy and investing in the growth of the company.  Think about it, if you would rather have cash in the hand than spent on RMS why own their shares in the first place.

I think they have announced a sensible dividend policy that will help the share price but not overspend capital that would be better invested back in the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.90
Change
0.030(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $2.171B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.91 $1.92 $1.89 $6.303M 3.314M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 82778 $1.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.90 114974 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.