CXO 5.10% 9.3¢ core lithium ltd

Well another great announcement. I am starting to love the...

1. 247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1228
    Well another great announcement. I am starting to love the messaging that has finally made its way into the company’s announcements. First we had the MMP with the big APPROVED stamp, which I thought was awesome and today we had “Core believes that the high-quality, low-iron, coarse Finniss lithium concentrate will be preferred in a lithium battery and EV market” - there has definitely been a shift in the way they are translating their confidence. It was raised at the AGM last year and I’m glad to see that the management team have listened.

I didn’t expect an announcement so soon after last week, but was really glad to see it come through today. With any luck this is all an orchestrated plan that will allow us to see an announcement every week or two for the next few months - this will really get the SP moving....when you think about it, the company definitely has had the time to line all the ducks up. The delayed announcement of the MMP should have compressed the timeframe of the later announcements - and it is perhaps fortunate that the MMP had not come on time in Jan/Feb otherwise it probably would have got lost in the noise of the market being smashed. This is yet another thing that seems to be working in our favour - is it possible that the black swan can become the market darling?

The revised DFS is shaping up to be a fairly decent read, we now have proven 6% concentrate - we were previously working on 5.5%. The costings of the increase have been displayed today by @wenty (thanks mate), and whilst these are great, it is also important to recognise what an increase to 6% actually means. At 5.5%, sure we had a product but it was no 6%, and when being compared to the WA mines, it still made us the poor cousin that doesn’t quite have it.....but now, we have 6%, low impurities, and produced cheaply. I was really glad to see management put in the announcement that achieving 6% has put us on par with the WA miners. Management understands the significance and hopefully the market does to.

I said the other day that it looked like we were developing support at 3.7 with no sign of resistance yet.....it would appear that we are finding our first level at 4.4-4.5c, but if the announcements keep coming, then we should get through the barriers reasonably easily. We had some more good volume today and are hopefully churning through some of the profit takers from the lower levels. Once we get to a point were most of the new entrants are buying in a current levels, then we will see us move up in the support/resistance levels.

The excitement continues, the world might be going to shit, but as @wenty said the other day, one of the big advantages we could have with China being a month or two ahead of us is that they might just be burning through the stockpiles. This could result in a increase in the concentrate price which will only create more demand for our high quality product. This demand could manifest itself in some good offtakes and hopefully some good financial terms (because of all the cheap money around at the moment and the desire to get industry back up and running). Commodities are tipped to lead Australia out of this shit storm, and the fact that global freight has not been impacted as much as the movement of people could mean that the sector could rebound with a bit of umph. Let’s watch and see.

I’m back to a BUY after being a hold for what feels like an eternity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
-0.005(5.10%)
Mkt cap ! $198.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.9¢ 10.0¢ 9.3¢ $3.295M 34.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 365887 9.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 883409 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.