STX 0.00% 21.0¢ strike energy limited

Given the potential political backlash, I am pleasantly...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 618
    3,531 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2513
    Given the potential political backlash, I am pleasantly surprised that they have decided to go with 20% export allowance. How they got to that decision will no doubt be the subject of many conjectures, but I will leave that alone till someone actually finds some evidence of backroom dealings cos until then, life will go on... just like how the world moved on after MM gave the dodgy 50% exemption to BPT

This is why I have always maintained that politics is a no-win sh1tshow because no matter what you do, there will be some people who will be unhappy because whether we accept it or not, it is hard for people to be content no matter how much is given to them.

Is 20% sufficient to stimulate production growth? I believe it is but it is obviously very much dependent on the size of the output. 20% of a small output is never going to make any difference. 20% of 87TJ/d = 17TJ/d. Based on an assumed dom price of 7.50 and LNG netback price of 15, the 20% export allowance will add an additional value of 114mn to the project. For MIN's planned 250TJ/d, the additional value add will be far higher.

Now that the policy change is in place, I had spent most of my morning updating my DCF model, but there is a lot of work to be done as I now need to expand the no of individual years out to 2030 so that the exit year (perpetual growth) does NOT include the export amounts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $601.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 20.5¢ $1.313M 6.260M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 592504 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 748432 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.