TLM 5.88% 27.0¢ talisman mining limited

I'd be surprised if SFR are analysing the core samples in their...

1. 11 Posts.
    I'd be surprised if SFR are analysing the core samples in their own (Grade Control) lab for a few reasons..

1. Contamination is a real issue. Commercial labs separate their grade control and exploration prep areas for this reason.

2. Looking at Table 1 from the RC hole ann (20/07) They are using a Microwave Assisted Digest technique (MAD) and an ICP finish. The MAD setup would be overkill for a site lab

3. Using hydrofluoric acid in a lab means a hell of a lot more paperwork, effort and cash, on account of how dangerous this stuff is. Also probably not necessary, as a good old fashioned aqua-regia would do the trick on site.

4. Samples get despatched off site (I assume from Degrussa) by the sounds of it.

So I think they are sending them off site. And two-week turnaround is standard for commercial labs, well at least SGS and ALS who I use fairly regularly. But this raises a couple of questions. Why were results from the DD holes received so quickly? After all, DD samples require more prep than RC. It sure as hell shouldn't take 3 weeks, so I agree that SFR may very well be holding out.

Best thing we can hope for is that the Cu grades were so high that they had to be re-assayed by a concentrate analysis titration technique! Ah well, one can dream.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.015(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $50.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 27.5¢ 25.5¢ $101.6K 390.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11320 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 78186 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.