CVN 2.50% 20.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Thanks all for the tax input, you guys basically have the same...

1. 1,085 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    Thanks all for the tax input, you guys basically have the same views as me - but Entropylord is 100% right get a proper accountant so if ATO knocks on your door in the future you can show them the advice. As I have been living in NZ for the past 3 years(been to sydney for one day, stayed at a hotel for work), own no property in Aus and have maintained an Address in NZ for the time here it should be pretty easy for me. When I signed the lease CVN was very close to my purchase price, and I had some losses carried forward, so my tax returns have made the choice for me so to speak (wrote down some of the carried forward losses). Also tax treaty with NZ, so I should be covered by this:

https://brc2.ird.govt.nz/opa12/web-determinations/0/investigate/FIF_Exemption_Determination/en-GB/ScreenOrder~Main~qs%24summary%24global%24global

Result: CVNThe ASX Ticker Code you have entered relates to Carnarvon Petroleum Ltd.Based on the information you have provided, the income from the shares qualifies under the Australian share exemption provided the shares were held at 1 April 2017 or were acquired on the market during the year.This means income from the shares is taxed under the general income tax rules, the same as investments in New Zealand. They are not attributing interests for tax purposes and therefore fall outside the FIF rules.

I'll let you all know about the accountant when I go (but I have to sell first, depends how we go the next few weeks). But anyone following this in the same situation, SEE A PROFESSIONAL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $366.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 20.0¢ $724.4K 3.558M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 279612 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 485773 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.