GAL 0.00% 18.5¢ galileo mining ltd

Hi Paperbark,You've given me a lot to unpack here. The last lot...

1. 1,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 441
    Hi Paperbark,

You've given me a lot to unpack here. The last lot of EM I saw GAL pursuing ended up being a conductor hosted in sediments adjacent to a zone of disseminated sulphide. A very reasonable target in my opinion but a false positive. Results came out late last year from memory.

I wrote a big deep dive on orhtomagmatic nickel exploration, discovery and EM here:https://crimsoncarp.substack.com/p/is-it-possible-to-predict-a-mineral-457

The Nova discovery was primarily driven by geochem and the initial EM was moving loop that was followed up by fixed loop EM. I speak candidly about missing out on this discovery.

The key to any geophysical method out there is the false positive rate, none of it is diagnostic but in some circumstances EM targets in my opinion seem more compelling than in others.

GAL here knows that a disseminated deposit given the Ni, Cu and PGE tenor is not going to cut it. It has to be massive sulphide or as close as they can get.

I believe the sills and dykes in question had multiple feeders and that some parts of those feeders carried the desired Ni-Cu-PGE sulphides. The company IMO is using the IP to map where these areas are, perhaps even find some that are very heavily disseminated and of good grade but ultimately I think their goal is to find where this disseminated mineralization coalesces at the base into massive sulphide. Only this way can the system produce a economic deposit.

The massive sulphide through its mode of formation will likely have a halo of disseminated sulphide.

It is interesting as you say why they chose to use DHEM on this particular hole. I think it has something to do with the fact that the expected chargeability zone showed nothing in the core. It may be some sort of massive sulphide effect on IP. I don't know.

My rationale for tracking this is that it is a compelling target in the right position and a intrusive proven to be fertile. You take Calisto's Ni-Cu and PGE tenor and turn it into massive sulphide and you have a crazy high margin low-capex money factory.

Cheers,
    CC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GAL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.