AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: DRC BUSINESS FORUM 2021 PRESENTATION, page-23

1. 366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    The really shitty thing is that due to WA's Premier McGowan I think Nigel is stuck in WA as he doesn't want to do the 14 day quarantine. At least I am reading between the lines on this based on his comments in the Cantor Fitzgerald video. It would be a lot easier to get things done if he were on the ground I think! I mean who in their right mind is going to want to pay for the privilege of 14-days quarantine in a government approved facility! If WA continues to be such a joke perhaps in the interim the company should find an expat in country CEO of stature in the international mining community to help get this done if it isn't imminent and continues to drag out.

I think because of the international scrutiny on DRC they are under a lot of pressure to be seen to do the right deal for their people and in the eyes of the international community. A lot of those INGOs and other stakeholders are completely unrealistic and crazy in what they advocate so AVZ needs to wedge them and the INGOs on the fact that it is in the greatest interests of the international community due to the energy transition etc etc for this to happen sooner rather than later. I'd be showing the government other competing projects in other jurisdictions and telling them if they do not hurry up that DRC might miss out due to high transport costs and poor infrastructure in the DRC as although the project is amazing other projects might meet the international demand for lithium etc as they are approved and have better transport infrastructure etc. Good to see AVZ are finally starting to drop the hammer and put pressure on the government but I think go hard or go home as far as the approach at this point as they have ticked all the boxes they have been asked of them and have even ensured they are seen to be above and beyond what is required of them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.