ICG 0.00% 0.5¢ inca minerals limited

This depends on management, as well as the local regulations.In...

1. 1,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    This depends on management, as well as the local regulations.

In Australia, good operators include provisions for follow-up drilling in initial planning and permitting. This ensures follow-up can be expedited and avoids the need to go through the permitting process all over again - (which is your point).

Such provisions see a slightly higher initial cost (such as clearing additional tracks & drill-pads which might not be used), but this returns consideral capital and efficiency dividends later.

The most obvious benefit being avoiding repeat permitting as you say, but it also means if something favourable is drilled that you could drill step-out holes immediately with the rig onsite. This avoids the delays and remobilisation costs associated with needing to bring a rig and the project personnel back to site at a later date (e.g. after a next round of permitting).

The presence of this "planning for success" mentality really comes down to whoever is planning the project, their training and their planning ability. Major companies have strict capital discipline and efficiency mantras, not always present in the junior sector.

Ultimately bad field operations is bad exploration.

i believe Inca's management have seen both sides of the major vs junior company fence, so I'm comfortable they'd be smart operators.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.024M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2385700 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 308191 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ICG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.