re: Ann: Drill results confirm DSO at Bonnie ... Hi.I can only...

1. 1,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    re: Ann: Drill results confirm DSO at Bonnie ... Hi.

I can only find limited information on dry screening. If anyone can help out with what dry screening is, please contribute to the thread since I'm really just having an educated guess.

BCI must export a fines product because the product is a very weakly structured ore (high LOI), and the product is sub 62% Fe. The mesa (CID) material is pulverized by the 'surface miner' which reduces the material to a primary crush. The material than requires a secondary crush at the crushing plant. The material is reduced to a sub 10mm product by the mechanical jaws. The product is now suitable as a fines product, ready for exporting to an Asian mill where the product is converted to artifical lump.

My limited understanding is that after the secondary crush, the product exits the crushing plant on a conveyor belt where if it's DSO,it's trucked to the railhead for export. But the difference with dry screening is that when the product exits the crushing plant, the product exits onto a vibrating sieve, where the ultra fine material, primarily clay, is sifted off, and than the material proceeds onto the conveyor belt etc etc etc. It does seem to be a very easy way to get an upgrade in ore content for minimum trouble. And critically for Shaw, the product has ultra low Phos like that at Bonnie, and low impurities for Alumina, Silica and Sulphur. So the product is worth screening because of the demand it will recieve from Asian mills because of it's low impurities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
0.010(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $735.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.5¢ 24.0¢ $77.96K 310.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 42598 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 323604 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.