MTM 4.84% 5.9¢ mtm critical metals limited

Factually i'm afraid not. if you'd like to understand why grade...

1. 3,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12545
    Factually i'm afraid not.

if you'd like to understand why grade is important from a mining perspective it basically impacts the amount of contained REO in each tonne you mine and process. Another factor which impacts the amount of tonnes you mine is the strip ratio.

In flat laying deposits like these lateritic clay profiles it is pretty much the average depth and average thickness. If you were to review other projects including IXR and AR3 you will see that their deposit is twice as thick as it is deep. That is to say an average profile of 10m thick intercept and under less than 5m of cover. This is the equivalent of 10m deep and 20m thick and you can extrapolate. 50m deep, 100m thick. So simply looking at the thickness of the intercept be it small or thick is useless if you're not looking at in conjunction with the depth it exists at.

ixr profile.JPG

You'll find that each of the proven economic ionic clay projects have 80-90% of their holes equal thickness to depth or better. Applying the same logic here are area's which are pretty much dead and that's even if it is ionic.

MTM drilling.JPG
    I checked the full table at the back and didn't see many more which meet the bill. Usually too deep and too thin to be viable. Image below helps to tells the story.

Too deep MTM.JPG

Have you got a source for that statement RE Lynas is next door and ionic. If not i think it's misleading and factually incorrect. Lynas is hard-rock carbonatite intrusion. Typical grade range for it's reserves is 75000-90000ppm = 7.5-9% TREO depending on where they're mining from and what cut-off they're applying. Any short google would tell you that.

Lynas has been searching for ionic clay projects and their previous MD is on record calling them the holy grail of rare earth project - it's well documented they LYC and specifically 'mt weld 'have a weathered clay profile in their tenements. I'd dare say if LYC had ionic material present - they would know about it.

their (LYC) current MD stating their interest in ionic clays here;

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wir...al-thumbs-up-to-ionic-clay-hosted-rare-earths

Will leave the threads alone unless tagged further for response or if i see something objectively misleading which i can add to the conversation. Good luck here and again on the met results i look forward to reading them in 3-4 weeks if that's when they are coming.

SF2TH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.003(4.84%)
Mkt cap ! $16.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.9¢ 5.6¢ $25.50K 448.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 103331 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 55000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.