DEV 0.00% 34.0¢ devex resources limited

For those who understand ionic clay hosted REEs ( Hi...

1. 10,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2491
    For those who understand ionic clay hosted REEs ( Hi @setfire2thehive ) these bullet notes from the ann say it all atm.

o Shallow: The mineralisation occurs from surface with minimal to no overlying waste rock.

o Soft: The rare earths lie in unconsolidated clays with poorly sorted pisolite and nodules dispersed amongst the clays.

o Favorable Metallurgy: Preliminary leach test work demonstrates rapid recoveries by desorption of REE in the first 30 minutes using ammonium sulfate solution in weak acidic conditions (pH4) with very low acid consumption and very low dissolution of gangue elements including calcium. These outcomes are key attributes of ionic adsorption clay REE mineralisation.

o Significant Scale: With elevated rare earths occurring in surface clays throughout the project area, the Company is pleased to see two areas (Areas A and B) where relatively higher-grade MREOs appear to be concentrating. These two areas themselves are extensive, with Area A defined over an area of 10km x 6km

The scale, and now the grade - and with confirmation of the remarkable Met Work (as my emphasis in red shows) makes this a truly remarkable discovery - It eclipses Red Metals ultra high grade deposit because of the unknown quality of granite hosted material. Time will tell !

And (for me) it eclipses any Brazil deposit being within the central core of the western military framework. Some will disagree with that, and I earnestly hope their views prove correct.

Further the Kennedy Project is close by the Mt Garnet township, and on the Kennedy Highway. Just like Liontown, TG has scored on local infrastructure as well.

Finally IMO, DEV is priced on its Narbalek project, so this is bonus (for the time being).

For the record, my other REE play is AHK - situated south of the Palmer River (River of Gold) - 200 km NW of Kennedy - it is another unusual deposit, being hosted entirely in sand from surface - met work there says just throw it on a gravity table and take away a 50% REE concentrate.

Now because I have time, before a dip in the spa and swim in the pool, I have just read Ion Idriess 'The Tin Scratchers' about the working of alluvial tin in the Cooktown district circa 1900 - he stayed at Lions Den Hotel, Rossville, SE of Cooktown, near Black Mountain, and he himself worked a tin patch on the local creek - made bank, but one night a flood came and washed his whole tin patch away. Fingers crossed it does not happen at Kennedy.
    You can find Lions Den Hotel on Google Earth, and swoop down right onto the old verandah, much as Idriess describes it, and stay a night.
    People interested in minerals exploration should read Idriess, start with 'Lasseters Last Ride' but be sure you read 'Prospecting For Gold' and buy (if you can, its rare) 'Cyaniding For Gold'. I am fortunate to own a boxed set of signed hard bound books - 18 in total - the photos and descriptions of our Country, showing it as it really was, makes them worth their weight in ??

Cheers all - topping up !
    Last edited by JandJ: 14/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $150.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.0¢ 34.0¢ $27.09K 79.67K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 23879 33.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.0¢ 164 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
34.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 33.5¢ 102227
Last updated 10.27am 14/05/2024 ?
DEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.