KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

Well the life time of the mine (Earl Grey) will be dictated by...

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    Well the life time of the mine (Earl Grey) will be dictated by the prevailing price of Lithium and the cost at which KDR can extract it compared to competitors... in the short to mid term there will be a lithium deficit and our costs will be low relative to other hard rock miners ... out to say 2022 at least ... after that it is difficult to predict given larger briners will come on stream ... the Xfactor is the "Explosive'ness" of demand and the ability of suppliers to keep up ... I think demand will be exponential like smart phone demand was and suppliers will struggle to keep pace... I think the bigger mines like PLS Pilgangoora and Earl Grey, Greenbushes ETC will keep expanding as demand dictates ...So 2 to 4 mt production per annum will turn in to 4 to 8 and so on etc

KDR has conservatively at Earl Grey (assuming 150 Mt resource), 100 yrs of resource if mined at 1.5Mt / annum... 50 years if at 3mt /annum and 25years at 6mt/ annum.... It will also come down to the sustainability of briners... I note that several established briners are already experiencing diminishing returns as the lithium content of the brine they pump up to the surface is declining due to over pumping (some reporting lithium content had dropped 90% in brine since they started.... much like and oil well with lower yield over time). There are also new processing technologies that promise low cost production from hard rock which will reduce cost to below brine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.