SGQ 3.23% 3.2¢ st george mining limited

I didn't think that drilling Stricklands first is a huge...

1. 287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    I didn't think that drilling Stricklands first is a huge surprise. I agree that as the company has changed the direction due to AMT/MT results, it hasn't been clear whether a new schedule was being adopted. However, from the 11 March announcement, which to my knowledge is the only drilling order made available to the market, it clearly has Stricklands first.

1) "The diamond rig is scheduled to arrive at site shortly after the RC rig and will initially complete six metallurgical holes at Stricklands"

2) "RC drilling will drill pre-collars ... planned for West End and Investigators."

3) "RC rig will then mobilise to Fish Hook"

4) "RC rig will then move to Stricklands for resource definition"

I'm not sure if (2) went ahead or if that's happening now and (3) seems to have jumped the queue.

Comparing this to more recent announcements, the major change is an increased focus on diamond drilling given the deeper targets. This change is already proving to be paying off given shallow drilling of Fish Hook didn't uncover mineralisation.

We'd all be under water without this programme change. Solid effort by the Board.
    Last edited by Jordan: 16/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.