TBA 0.00% 2.6¢ tombola gold ltd

Hi, not posted on AMG much but have been checking technical...

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Hi, not posted on AMG much but have been checking technical reports periodically.

It is pretty impressive with latest drilling. For this Cloncurry area the relatively high tenor of copper and certainly high gold levels over large areas point to a well mineralised system with some thick intersections. The grade levels and presence of massive to semi massive sulphides (although somewhat brecciated) and the apparent lack of pervasive hematite or much magnetite as far as I can see from the rather non technical reports indicates it is unlikely to be an IOCG system at all. Despite searching through reports the IOCG tag does not seem to fit well. Looks more like a structurally emplaced hydrothermal gold - copper sulphide and quartz system associated with black shales that are capable of supplying some off the metal components. Better to have a higher grade system than the more typical IOCG type with 0.6 to 1% copper and 0.3 to 0.7 g/t gold unless such a IOCG is very close to surface. Large IOCG systems in Aus are found under barren cover as they are other wise too expansive to be missed by prospectors. This Cloncurry system's host rocks are eroded and exposed showing a complex structural network in an overall N_S stratigraphy. I would be happy to see AMG drop the incessant references to IOGC that looks rather weak. Burra needs a bit of drilling but even there the surface exposure suggests other types of mineralisation than IOCG may be more likely. Good projects for sure however.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TBA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.