GGE 0.00% 0.6¢ grand gulf energy limited

I was looking at the Wise Owl take on the Jesse 2 drilling plan...

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    I was looking at the Wise Owl take on the Jesse 2 drilling plan and the fact it will terminate 15m above the water level found in Jesse 1.

I have been in and around oil and gas my whole career, in production not drilling, but you pick it up if you hang around long enough. If the water interface issue is clearly identified at a specific depth, surely, they could grout the bottom 100m of the hole then redrill to the 15m above water depth planned for Jesse 2? Surely this would be a faster way a flow test?

Is there somethign I am missing?

GGE plans to drill the Jesse#2 well this quarter.

The new well will be following up the helium discovery made earlier this year where GGE made a new US-based helium discovery with a >61m gross gas column (~31m of net pay - independently audited) and helium grades of up to 1%.

The main target with the new well (Jesse#2) will be to avoid the gas/water contact zone that was hit with the first well and to do this, GGE has refined its drilling location based on all of the data available from its previous drilling program, historic results and 2D seismic data.

More specifically the Jesse#2 well will be looking to avoid hitting the water contact zone by terminating the well depth ~15m above the identified gas/water contact zone at Jesse #1A.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ $1.83K 305K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 6961843 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 572333 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GGE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.