SGQ 0.00% 2.0¢ st george mining limited

At the risk of being labelled as a downramper, I have a slightly...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    At the risk of being labelled as a downramper, I have a slightly different point of view that I would like to share.

I am a true believer that a person's wallet talks better than his mouth. On one hand, we see JP marketing the company in various videos saying "phenomenal conductors", "almost certain that it's Ni-CU sulphides", "Nickel M&A starts at the top and then goes down to explorers" etc, but on the other hand he and JD are putting $100k cash each in their other company BMG 55633796 55633730

I could only think of three reasons why they would do this:

1) They have enough skin in the game in SGQ already.
    I know JP (especially) and JD have decent holdings in SGQ, but, they have far more holdings (% wise) in BMG and yet they chose to invest there while we are tracking at pretty much all time lows in SGQ with two active drilling campaigns in Nickel and Gold/Copper.

2) They are unable to purchase because of trading restrictions or having other sensitive information.
    A possibility definitely, but I personally feel they have had lots of windows including the recent cash raise to put more money in to boost the confidence of longterm holders. Many companies' directors at this end of the market even put money while awaiting assay results of their campaigns too. They could've taken some salary cuts or shares in-lieu instead, taking responsibility/accountability for the Canada debacle last year and delays in procuring rigs since then.

3) They believe their cash gives better returns for them outside of SGQ.
    I have nothing against these guys or their choice of personal investments, it's totally up to them. But, based on the information available publicly, I could only infer this is is the case.

What's in the ground is unknown and I agree that a few holes could turn the fate of explorers upside down. However, how Directors/MDs/Chairmans (closest people to the action on ground) operate in the business is the known, and unfortunately at this stage I am not filled with confidence that there is limited downside at this price level because of the above actions. Hence, I had to re-assess my risk vs. reward, and sold out at a loss.

I am not posting this to throw dirt at the company or to grab your shares lower.... quite the contrary... I do like the company, where and what they are drilling, have invested many times in the past including holding for long periods, and I'm happy to pay up again if I'm proven wrong (i.e. better risk vs. reward) in the future. I genuinely like to hear if anyone else has other explanations that I haven't considered above.

ps: yes, I was aware of these BMG transactions in progress when I took position most recently, but I took a chance to see whether the directors would put some money into SGQ too along with those transactions

All IMO, please DYOR.
    Last edited by buddi: 31/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.8¢ $12.17K 642.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 471000 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 256403 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ 105335
Last updated 15.47pm 19/04/2024 ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.