ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Ann: Drilling Update ATP626P , page-30

1. 21,419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2095
    G'day Tymmsy69. You have probably entered this forum at the most interesting time for ICN. I hope that you continue to contribute your thoughts.
    Being one of the oldies amongst the ICN shareholders, you are probably a bit "kind" to say that the forum has provided "both sides of the argument."
    There could not have been an "argument," as there were very few "facts" to argue about, just "opinion""guesswork."
    There is a clear polarization of "opinions", those being the optimists and those that are the pessimists. I won't even mention the out and out "knockers", you have no doubt worked out who they are.
    But, "opinions" are nothing more than that and you cannot make ANY valid investment judgements based upon opinions alone. That is a very bad trap.
    For what it is worth, however, I think that the optimists have their noses in front on actual results over the last three years. They "guessed" right re the GSA with Stanwell and also "guessed" right that ICN would get the China GSA. They are seriously good outcomes.

But, it is no longer "opinion" time, any future comments worthwhile reading should now be based on PERFORMANCE, not hope and guesswork and, so far, the pessimists are having a field day and us optimists are copping a lot of egg on our faces.
    But, it is still very early days and there are very many things still on managements' plate which everyone will be watching very closely. Will they finally get some good results from Lydia; will they get an injection of funds for the China GSA; what will be the 855/BPT outcome: what will come out of the mini/LNG story?
    All of these are still in the "opinion" stage and we can do nothing but guess what the answers will be.
    Naturally, the optimists will be looking for several positive anns in the next few weeks and the pessimists will be believing that their pessimism is well founded by the way the "most vigorous drilling programme in ICN's history" has started so badly.

So, it is indeed a most interesting time for a newcomer to come on board and as an optimist, I hope that you will be impressed with future outcomes, but, if you want to be a responsible investor, rely on "reality" not opinions and make your decision based on performance. Best of luck.

And Yeboz, I haven't TU'd you, but, believe me, although I am well in front, having been "in" for nearly all the 2000's, I got as big a kick in the guts as you and your 12 friends got when the SP dropped from .67 to where it is now, despite all the "seemingly" good news. My "fortunes" have also be smashed by 70% and that's why I get really peed off when I see "no holders" coming in and putting more disparaging negative stuff on our forum and rubbing salt into those open wounds.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.