CVV 5.88% 18.0¢ caravel minerals limited

While higher grades would be beneficial it is what it is with a...

1. 3,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8648
    While higher grades would be beneficial it is what it is with a few good spikes.

The relative consistency, relative predictability and size should make up for what it lacks in higher grades. That these rounds of drilling, 2020/21, continue to support the model is great. Economics will determine final open pit depths which, IMO, are likely to be deeper than the scoping study. Not too much but enough that the resource should see some increase in volume.

Grade? Likely to be swings and roundabouts with some increases and decreases that may balance out the bulk grade but hopefully sees some higher grade zones that could be starter pits.

For those of you who aren't aware of it the rough conversion of visual chalcopyrite estimates to % Cu is 1/3rd.

VISUALS ARE SUBJECTIVE - useful, but (as stated in the Ann.) no substitute for assays.
    The distribution of 0.5-5% Cp (for example) is NOT given but expect the 5% (2% etc) to be over relatively limited or very patchy intervals.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3012/3012255-630cc7d524f6d4907dc1e71abdb21d2d.jpg

0.5% Cp = ~0.17% Cu which is roughly the cutoff grade for the scoping study MRE. In other words the intervals in the announcement are suspected to be compatible with the MRE cut off.

1.5% Cp = ~0.5% Cu which is towards the upper end of what is reported as high grade intervals at Bindi. 1-2% Cp over 10s of metres is not unusual - very desirable (OK to be greedy and want more).

5% Cp 1.7-2% Cu range - From memory I have seen grades this high at Bindi and other projects. To be suspected for such a large project area.

===================
    Cloud cover has obscured the area for the last two satellite passes. Next imagery for the 17th but not processed? yet.
    A couple of holes look like they have been drilled south of the 2020 Dasher drilling. Near the marker - The disturbance to the east (~300m) is probably related to farming activity.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3012/3012366-9f42ffc8708a3e397111836d6533955a.jpg

It is easy to miss drilling sites - I did for 21D-1 - and misinterpret disturbances for drilling.

CVV have been moving the rigs around - Bindi, Opie, now Dasher and Dasher East so gets tricky, but fun for me, to try and keep up.

==============
    Macro issues always sit in the back of my mind as factors that go beyond the "simple" geology of a project.

Recently Ni saw a major correction with some disruptive technology.

Cu has been going up almost too nicely for my nerves.
    How severe the short term correction, if any, will be is predicted by some for the price to go back to the $3 range (recent Canadian Northern Miner Editorial among others?).
    Consumers do not like higher prices if they can avoid it and, if strong enough, will try to reduce it or stop consuming which brings demand (hence price) down.

The above is beyond the pay grade of all but angels. Speculation that fills news columns, analysts reports.

That Cu will be in strong demand this decade seems a strong consensus that hopefully will outweigh the short term volatility that IMO is very likely to occur.

If CVV can find a swift $0.5-1B then the game is afoot. The sooner the better.
    There are a lot of Cu rich projects out there that will compete for funds - there will be winners and losers.

GLTAH

Last edited by salpetie: 18/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.