SGQ 0.00% 3.1¢ st george mining limited

Ann: Drilling Update for Mt Alexander, page-112

1. 7,580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2098
    Before I invested into SGQ I knew nothing about Ni... it's price, the different types of deposits, how it is mined, what it is used for and so on. My strong point is gold deposits and understanding something about that.
    So... I have been playing catch-up.

Recently this forum has been subject to a lot of negative posting with one person in particular stirring the pot. Some others have voiced their support. On the whole, although the criticisms have some merit they are hardly substantial. The objections are trivial in my mind, mainly inspired by pedantic extrapolations of schematic diagrams, a hunt for typo's, data entry mistakes, 20/20 hindsight on how things might have been done differently and also an imagined expertise in exploration techniques.

As an example of imagined expertise, the assertion was made by one complainer that because the Siemens numbers were low for some DHEM readings that automatically meant the prospects were poor for a result. As it happened I challenged that poster to explain Siemens readings to educate me on the matter.... no reply was forthcoming. In the meantime, I did find out a little bit more on my own account. It turns out a Siemens reading is a good indication of the sort of mineralisation we are looking for but the number recorded is subject to many variables... a small deposit which is close the sensor will give a larger number than a large deposit far away, as an example. Just taking the raw number and claiming that describes the result in advance would probably end a geologist's tenure with their employer.

Similarly, I have learned a lot more about the way these deposits might present at depths and I am less and less impressed by the explanations put forward by some others on this forum. If ever there was a case of DYOR then it is SGQ which requires that sort of diligence.... relying upon or being influenced by posters on HC is not the wisest course.

When I post on HC one thing I try to avoid is to influence others in their decisions. I care if I happen to talk a stranger into making a bad investment and equally I would be unhappy if I talked them out of a good investment. SGQ is a speculative stock.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $33.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.1¢ 3.1¢ $45.78K 1.476M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 3094416 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 507931 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.