SGQ 6.06% 3.1¢ st george mining limited

Ann: Drilling Update for Mt Alexander, page-33

1. 8,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8159
    Thanks @helmenesh ...

I found another drill through pretty much the same spot, MAD71, the announcement heading "Assays confirm best ever intersection at Mt Alexander"
    https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01934382

It was drilled from E 232466 N 6806501, just 16 metres to the South of STD014, but the azimuth being 0* (due North) and the dip -65* puts it in exactly the same place as STD014 at around 50 metres deep.

That's now 4 holes announced with great fanfare but all are really just repeats of the same little vein or pod of ore around 30-50 metres deep directly below a point of approx E 232467 N 6806521.
    All the holes I've found so far drilled from either North of it oriented South, South of it oriented North, or nearly directly above. Nothing yet drilled from either East or West (that I've found) to show if there is any thickness to these 14 metre to 17 metre intersections, that have all been reported separately without reference to how they are in the same place as other holes.
    Finding this announcement from Dec 2017 ...
    https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01931312
    .... it states why there is no drilling from either East or West with the following from Pg 2 ...
    "Based on the intersection angle of the drilling with the modeled ultramafic unit, downhole widths are interpreted to be close to true widths."
    Great it means the strike is East West so holes drilled oriented nearly the same both further East and further West should show great mineralization.

Problem is hole MAD 77 was drilled oriented North just 20 metres to the West, on exactly the same Northing E232446 N6806501 but hit just 4.1 metres of 1.2% Ni so both witdth and grade were low just 20 metres West.
    Hole MAD 84 was drilled from the North oriented South, at E232480 N 6806525 at a dip of 85* oriented South (so just 14 metres to the East of MAD71) should intersect a thick part only a few metres along strike.

No fanfare for hole MAD84, it took me time to find the assays from here ....

19 March 2018 hidden away on pg 6 among a lot of other results.
    MAD84..... 38.63m- 38.8m 0.2 metres of 4.57% Ni and 51.24m- 51.5m 0.25 metres of 4.3% Ni.
    In other words the wonderful MAD71 that was 17 metres true width of 3% Ni has petered out within 14 metres further East and 20 metres to the West.

There seems to be this one small pod or vein that has attracted a lot of attention, headlines and drilling over the last few years, but realistically there is not a lot there.

I for one was thinking there was a lot more at this location than a lot of work I've researched today shows exists here. I have taken a lot of those past drill results to be a big positive thinking that the mineralization was spread over a greater area than it is. I've just spent hours going over all these past announcements trying to align where these holes are exactly at depth in the mineralization and the area of this great mineralization is a LOT less than I previously thought.
    IMHO when there is a resource estimate for the SS it will be much smaller than most people are currently thinking.

IMHO this company needs to keep chasing elephants because if the other areas are similar to the drilling around hole MAD71, then there is not much volume in this shallow rich ore.

I understand why the company is dragging their feet on the SS and getting to a JORC mineral resource estimate, plus having fairly ordinary diagrams showing where drill intersects are via cross section etc. Lots of sizzle here..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
-0.002(6.06%)
Mkt cap ! $30.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.3¢ 3.1¢ $38.67K 1.241M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 282049 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 286143 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.01pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.