BRU 0.00% 7.9¢ buru energy limited

Ann: Drilling Update - Ungani 4ST1, page-40

1. 11,991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6748
    Thanks Dean, will just have to wait and see what occurs. Perhaps someone with their ear to the ground can provide some clues to what they end up doing (just for interests sake really).

Also, is there a chance that because they are going to let Ungani 4 sit (like they did last year), that they may face the same issue again?

Not sure that U4 should be put back any further, I would have though that if nothing else, it won't take them long to finish the well (good or bad result), which if good, means higher production and more cashflow, plus because it is sort of a step out, they would want to know for certain whether U4 and the target continues as they expected, otherwise they would not be able to drill Ungani South with confidence. Perhaps Ungani east is a sure bet, but again, U4 is almost done and others have pointed out, its taken up more than its share of time, best to put it to bed first.

Surely ROC will now be bringing in their team to ensure that Ungani West is drilled optimally etc, since they are paying for 80% of the well?

I am genuinely interested in opinions on whether BRU/ROC should be bringing in a second rig to pre-drill the wells to a certain depth, then allow the bigger rig to finish them? This would allow for all sorts of flexibility drilling timeline wise, considering realistically, they will have at least 3 exploration wells to drill, 2 of which basically need a bigger rig anyway, plus, perhaps potentially, Ungani North (which i think has a deeper reservoir (approx 2600m)), or just another deep target, maybe even Bickley with its stacked plays.
    Then of course, the smaller rig could undertake the appraisal/development wells at Ungani to ensure that the field has the number of wells to really maximise production rates.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.