DRO 5.84% $1.54 droneshield limited

It is still an expensive bit of equipment to field. $5.7M for a...

1. 960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 658
    It is still an expensive bit of equipment to field. $5.7M for a just a 'number' of jammers? One drone jammer would need to be around very valuable targets to be justifiable, not a dozen soldiers on an open battlefield dragging this thing along. Then there is the issue of a power source for extended deployment? I hate to sound like I am putting value of life on a dollar figure, but unfortunately, war is an economic equation.

Some of the most expensive frontline vehicles are the Bradley IFV, which costs in the amount of $3M, or an Abrams which costs $10M. Now add a few hundred thousand to outfit it with a jammer. Like you say the jammer may just reduce a drones accuracy since momentum is a factor. This is still experimental tech. These ground vehicles were never designed to carry drone jammers. Where to mount them? How durable are they to near explosions compared to armoured vehicles and does the durability warrant the cost?

Rifle type handheld jammers are great if you can see the incoming drone. Momentum again is key. Does severing communication with operator to the drone mean drones propulsion capability is lost? Simple rewiring to permanently lock propulsion in case of loss of signal is a possibility with reduced accuracy in case drone is hit by jammer. But then again, a squad must sacrifice one soldier to have his eye in the sky at all times while being vulnerable to ground threats. It is easy in concept but throw a frontline squad in heated gunfire while trying to watch out for drones and have bullets flying overhead, it is very unnatural and rather impractical.

I'd expect drones to be reverted to recon utility with advanced cameras equipped for longer range observation/night vision if jammers become abundant, which would still make drones effective given their cost to benefit ratio compared to jammers.

This was a great buy for anyone who noticed drone proliferation in 2021/2022 in Ukraine. Excellent and low risk investment with a logical high yield direction at the time. Now I'm not so sure, the move has played out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.54
Change
0.085(5.84%)
Mkt cap ! $1.185B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.48 $1.58 $1.48 $9.316M 6.090M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 19432 $1.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.55 16622 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.01pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.52
  Change
0.085 ( 4.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.50 $1.57 $1.49 1611036
Last updated 12.21pm 18/06/2024 ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.