DRO 0.84% $1.20 droneshield limited

Ann: DroneShield releases DroneSentry-X Mk2, page-58

1. 730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 203
    It doesn't make sense to you because you are looking at a very old post. I have bought in and out of DRO seven times in the last six months and the trade you are referring to occurred in mid-October. I bought back at the end of October and traded in out of DRO three times since (all can be seen because I try to make my position clear by updating my status on HotCopper accordingly).

As you can see from my current status, I currently do not hold DRO after selling out very recently as I fear the result of Monday's EGM and cannot accept the risk while that remains unclear. The share price is currently not very different from my latest sale price and if the EGM resolutions are knocked back the price may rise and I get knocked out of DRO forever (I can live with that, it has happened plenty of times before).

I have also said previously that DRO is far too small for me to have a meaningful stake in given the size of my portfolio - my average trade size would correspond to millions of shares in DRO per trade, so it is simply of not possible for me to trade in the stock in the way I normally do (I normally invest at the large cap end of the market and use instruments including warrants and options). DRO is a thought exercise for me, not really a serious investment because the stock cannot will make a meaningful impact to my returns.

Many people on this forum have attempted to suggest that I have some kind of vested interest and attempting to manipulate the stock price, even though the evidence against that is overwhelming. With so many trades, if I was trying to manipulate the share price (I don't believe that works anyway) my position on the stock would change depending on whether I am in or out of the stock. A quick look at my posts should tell you that my position has never changed and I reiterate it on a regular basis - DRO has a great sales trajectory, but management that put their own interests far beyond those of the people who they are paid to represent (i.e. shareholders) which makes it a trading stock, not a long term hold.

So why do I bother posting? I have an awful lot of experience investing and have owned shares since before I was in primary school in the 1970's. I also have a lot of experience managing large portfolios and once was a director on a fund that had nearly a $1 billion dollars under management and I believe I have something to offer less experienced (and particularly new investors). DRO is a microcap that is in the liars end of the market where most companies finish up going broke (I very much doubt DRO falls into this category) and where management often paints a very rosy picture of the future and uses announcements as advertising material (DRO certainly fits into this category) and has little oversight applied by larger more knowledgeable investors that have significant voting power and who sometimes use the companies that they manage as their own personal playthings (there is plenty of evidence of this in DRO) rather than acting in the interests of the shareholders that they have a fiduciary responsibility to protect.

On this forum I have tried to encourage new investors to be more sceptical and to look at the numbers rather than pie-in-the-sky promises and to go back and have a look at the previous couple of years announcements to see whether management has delivered on its past promises (DRO has a pretty mixed record, but is by no means the worst offender). This end of the market is by most dangerous and the average return of all investors in this space is negative so caution is justified.

Of course, views on my posts are deeply polarised. Some people fall in love with stocks and their management (which is incredibly dangerous) and cannot accept different views - hopefully they will grow and rethink that position later, and there are quite a few others who have begun following my posts.

Each to their own - though a bit of respect (as you have shown - so thanks) never goes astray.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.20
Change
0.010(0.84%)
Mkt cap ! $1.042B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.24 $1.17 $10.45M 8.646M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17763 $1.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 11298 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.