DRO 6.38% $1.40 droneshield limited

Ann: DroneShield to be Deployed at Boston Marathon for Third Year, page-15

1. 81 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Disclaimer: I have equal shares in D13 and DRO.

Did Droneshield actually design the DroneGun or just re-badge and sell it? I saw an exact replica on a drone store website last week, that was coloured white and had insignia of another anti-drone company. For life of me, been searching all morning and can't find the site again though.

D13, IMHO has the better tech, but DRO has established contacts and contracts.

However D13 are designing and patenting their own technology. The ability to hijack drones seems to have much wider application then a manually operated GPS/WIFI jammer gun.

Think of the DJI Mavick Pro for example. It has ability to track and fly via the camera. Block the GPS and WIFI on it, and it could still follow it's target, or continue on a pre-programmed course. Blocking WIFI/GPS may make most off-the-shelf drones attempt to land, but hobbyist/terrorist drones can be programmed to behave differently. I personally feel it has little practical value to military/enforcement, but might be useful for film studios wanting to confiscate the average kid's drone whilst spying on their filming.

D13's MESMER solution however can hijack multiple systems (inc. swarms) without human operators. How effective would the DroneGun be against two drones? Targeting a single drone still poses a problem with how fast they can fly and maneuver.

MESMER essentially offers a setup and forget protective barrier against all-types of known drones. DroneGun requires someone on constant alert, and is only effective against a single, slow-moving off-the-shelf drone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.