ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 29,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1453
    Great that u have realised some profit but let me tell you that you learn more when you lose money or sit on a paper loss.

The share market isn't as easy as some think and yes you can have big wins by choosing the right share to invest in.

I have had many decades in and out of the market - life circumstances leave u with little when u marry and buy a house etc.
    but I never stopped reading financial news. LOL And wishing.

Decades ago I met someone who gave me some rules and I can remember trying to pass them on to someone who had bought his
    first $500 worth of shares. I had suggested that maybe when they doubled in price he might consider selling half and
    then buy into another company. I was probably too old a decade or so ago for him to listen and unfortunately he lost his
    money. It was a spec share. He often quoted HC and believed everyone. LOL

In those days I would read HC but was only game to open my mouth and disclose my holding in AGO for the purpose of a
    vote count. Since then, I haven't shut up. LOL

I am forced at my age to hold shares because the return on a bank term deposit would leave me in a far less healthy
    financial position. So maybe when you get to my age you will be invested too. But please don't think you will know it
    all. I don't and I have benefitted from the honest posts of others.

I have always loved the spec end and that end of the market percentage wise is where you will make the most money but I have always divided funds between what I call my widows and orphans money and my gambling money. I therefore have less in my
    specs and would still hate to lose it.

I get more nervous when I make good calls and try not to get cocky and I just know that there is every possibility that a loss
    may await me. The idea of course is to accept a small loss as opposed to a big one.

I hope my post does not sound condescending and I am probably telling you what you may already know.
    I wish you well in the share market and life and you may be half way there by asking questions.

There is no such thing as a dumb question. It is better to ask a supposed dumb question than make a dumb mistake.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.27
Change
-1.080(5.31%)
Mkt cap ! $59.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.29 $20.61 $18.69 $319.2M 16.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35024 $19.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.28 30769 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.