FMG 2.02% $25.70 fortescue ltd

Great that u have realised some profit but let me tell you that...

1. 29,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1448
    Great that u have realised some profit but let me tell you that you learn more when you lose money or sit on a paper loss.

The share market isn't as easy as some think and yes you can have big wins by choosing the right share to invest in.

I have had many decades in and out of the market - life circumstances leave u with little when u marry and buy a house etc.
    but I never stopped reading financial news. LOL And wishing.

Decades ago I met someone who gave me some rules and I can remember trying to pass them on to someone who had bought his
    first $500 worth of shares. I had suggested that maybe when they doubled in price he might consider selling half and
    then buy into another company. I was probably too old a decade or so ago for him to listen and unfortunately he lost his
    money. It was a spec share. He often quoted HC and believed everyone. LOL

In those days I would read HC but was only game to open my mouth and disclose my holding in AGO for the purpose of a
    vote count. Since then, I haven't shut up. LOL

I am forced at my age to hold shares because the return on a bank term deposit would leave me in a far less healthy
    financial position. So maybe when you get to my age you will be invested too. But please don't think you will know it
    all. I don't and I have benefitted from the honest posts of others.

I have always loved the spec end and that end of the market percentage wise is where you will make the most money but I have always divided funds between what I call my widows and orphans money and my gambling money. I therefore have less in my
    specs and would still hate to lose it.

I get more nervous when I make good calls and try not to get cocky and I just know that there is every possibility that a loss
    may await me. The idea of course is to accept a small loss as opposed to a big one.

I hope my post does not sound condescending and I am probably telling you what you may already know.
    I wish you well in the share market and life and you may be half way there by asking questions.

There is no such thing as a dumb question. It is better to ask a supposed dumb question than make a dumb mistake.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$25.70
Change
0.510(2.02%)
Mkt cap ! $79.12B
Open High Low Value Volume
$25.58 $25.78 $25.39 $142.5M 5.556M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 49920 $25.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$25.71 2818 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$25.73
  Change
0.510 ( 2.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$25.57 $25.78 $25.39 738887
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.