BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Ann: DRUG RESISTANCE IN LUNG CANCER PROGRAM, page-9

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Comparatively, Blue have much less in the way of IP than Benitec. They have vector IP rather than platform tech. The CAR-T tech is exciting for sure but they have a non-exclusive licence to this and they are still in the early development/discovery phase with this and I would disagree with the speaker above who suggests that no value has been put on this. They are valued at $AUS3billion off the back of good results in just 3 patients. I think they are a very promising company however, but very overvalued.

The thing is that Bluebird is well known and this is what is driving the stock. BLT knockers such as Dr KSS have been championing this stock, yet he fails to acknowledge the length of time it has taken to dose a handful of patients, whilst being very critical of BLT for that exact same thing.

Pfizer have just collaborated with Spark for a program that has just as much promise as Bluebird's B-Thall/Sickle-Cell program, and has shown efficacy in eliminating the need for blood transfusions in more patients and has shown durable effects out past 3 years, yet Pfizer managed to get it for $20m upfront. Whilst BLUE went up more than $1b overnight. What a joke.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.