GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

Hi to all holders. Thanks for the audio Happyman. Have found...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Hi to all holders. Thanks for the audio Happyman. Have found this comparitive on the LOWEST bids to win reverse auctions (10 months ago) the prices were the lowest ever presented by solar companies to win a supply contract. They are in US$ .. We are indeed compeditive with the lower end of these and just keep in mind 10 -12 % efficiency is being very conservitive in my eyes we will probably do better than the upper band of 14 % also within the medium term. That represents a chance to further compress that LCOE number. I guess if we need to make money we can always bid in one of these and do a "First Solar" as a revenue winner for ourselves.

"More recently, the average bid from utility-scale solar power plants vying for contracts in Georgia (the US state) came in at just 6.5 cents/kWh. The average! 56 companies bid to sell power from their solar farms. No details were given on the minimum bid, only the average, but even 6.5 cents per kWh is cheap!

In a recent power auction in India, the cheapest solar bid came in at 8.6 cents per kWh, which is apparently cheaper than what it would cost to make coal imported from Australia viable.

Most recently but perhaps most impressively, a recent power auction in Brazil with a specific tranche dedicated to solar had one project bid in at 5.65 cents/kWh... with no subsidies included at all. The average across the auction was 8.9 cents per kWh, and despite aiming to provide contracts for 500 MW worth of solar power projects, 1,048 MW worth of them got contracts. Reportedly, even 8.9 cents per kWh is lower than what fossil fuels can offer in Brazil." http://www.treehugger.com/renewable...-fossil-fuels-texas-georgia-india-brazil.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.