AQA 0.00% $3.37 aquila resources limited

re: Ann: Eagle Downs Hard Coking Coal Project... Looks like Vale...

1. 2,320 Posts.
    re: Ann: Eagle Downs Hard Coking Coal Project... Looks like Vale wants to use the other port for whatever reason. I don't see this as a big issue for AQA.

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/100223/31/2bf2q.html

Export dispute may threaten rail link

Tuesday February 23, 2010, 2:48 pm

A billion dollar rail link in the Bowen Basin in central Queensland could be in doubt because of a dispute between two coal companies.

Aquila Resources and Vale are partners in the proposed Eagle Downs Mine near Moranbah, which would use the northern missing link rail line to export coal through Abbot Point.

But Aquila chief executive Tony Poli says Vale is looking to export through the Dalrymple Bay Terminal and may not subscribe to the service.

He says it could jeopardise the project.

"That I'm not sure, and if that were to be a consequence it is very regrettable, it's certainly not of Aquila's doing," Mr Poli said.

"We fully commit and support the work that's being done there, being selected as a foundation partner was an important feat for Aquila and we're very committed to adopting Abbot Point and the missing link, and for our part we have signed the take or pay contracts."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.