ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    Would be nice but most Navies are built domestically so unless Austal already has operations in that country not much chance of success (even Philippines seems to be holding out). Maybe US builds more ships but I think Austal's problem here is that there is a very limited budget for new builds and even if they do decide on a new build it takes a long time between award of contract to actual construction. A contract awarded even today may not lead to revenue/profit until 2022/23.

As for Australia, well I am very nervous about ASB's relationship with the Australian Govt. We haven't won a decent sized contract in our history in Australia and the Govt seems to love European shipbuilders for any substantive contract.

If we see upside it will be from FFG being shared with ASB, a couple of new ferry orders to keep PH and Vietnam going and at an absolute stretch we actually win the LAND 8710 contract.

Downside is expensive closure of Philippines and to a lesser extent Vietnam, followed by wind down of workforce in Mobile.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.00
Change
0.260(9.49%)
Mkt cap ! $1.087B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.72 $3.08 $2.72 $7.673M 2.560M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49992 $3.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.03 191 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.