EBR 2.97% $1.04 ebr systems inc.

I got a stingy 4,000 odd shares today, so sad!Let's consider the...

1. 4,595 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1806
    I got a stingy 4,000 odd shares today, so sad!

Let's consider the competition in the broader pacemaker devices on the market:
    The mega pharma companies are represented, having the majority share of the pacemaker devices in the USA marketplace:
    1. Abbott Labs, mkt cap US $197 BILLION
    2. Medtronic PLC, mkt cap US $107 BILLION
    3. Boston Scientific, mkt cap US $65 BILLION.
    Yes each of these companies has more than just pacemakers, but none provide the Left Ventricular capability of WISE (and each of the represented pacemakers are far too large compared to WISE for endocardial [internal] emplacement ).
    WISE is the only pacemaker that can provide leadless CRT (Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy).
    The FDA has enabled Breakthrough Device Designation for WISE trials, due to the unmet need for certain patients - annual estimated market in the USA of US$2.1 BILLION 2024.

WISE, IF (and of course its a big IF) it can pass the hurdles set for FDA approval for this current SOLVE trial, it could conceivably seek wider pacemaking use subject to further FDA trials (yes there's no guarantees, and it will take a lot longer for this to play out), but the marketplace is huge - would the existing players allow that to happen? -bearing in mind that between them they have almost all (if not all) the market, and each could swallow EBR without a gulp- IF the board and shareholders let that happen!
    (EBR'S current market cap is less than US $120 MILLION, fully diluted). Absolutely nothing - imagine a bidding war of mega pharmas for such a minnow! The mind boggles. As a standalone EBR could very easily become Cochlear Mk2 if not taken out of the market.
    Yes, it still needs to resolve the battery issue identified in some units - in the last 4C Update the company indicated "the Company has already identified solutions involving manufacturing changes to rectify the issue."
    I'm interested to hear from any other posters who might have a different view.
    Last edited by longreach: 12/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.04
Change
0.030(2.97%)
Mkt cap ! $320.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.04 $1.00 $195.4K 192.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.04 9999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.02
  Change
0.030 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.00 $1.03 $1.00 40680
Last updated 15.55pm 14/06/2024 ?
EBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.