EGR 8.00% 11.5¢ ecograf limited

Ann: EcoGraf Signs Framework Agreement with Tanzanian Government, page-69

1. 2,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6056
    Re my earlier point #3, the main investment I've made is into lithium and I hadn't appreciated the logistical difference between the two. While concentrated lithium ore (Spod) can be bulk shipped, I now note that the same doesn't apply in the graphite space and the BPF clearly notes bulk bags and a flow chart with bags as the last step. This would mean all shipping from the mine site would be via bags and pallets in trucks / containers. There would be no efficiencies by shifting the break point from bulk forms of transportation to container transportation further down the full processing flow chart.

I've seen companies focus on minor cost lines and forget the big picture of where most costs exist. For example, supplying sufficiently budget coffee that staff spend additional time leaving the office to get coffee's. The company saved money on coffee consumables but lost efficiencies in their biggest cost line - staff. There is risk of this same effect if optimal transportation cost locations increase processing costs through making it difficult to source key staff to run plant or adding additional operational risk to the processing plant locations chosen.

I guess I'm sitting on the fence as to whether locating progressively more plant in Tanz is optimal.
    Last edited by WhatsTheTip: 21/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.