ECT 0.00% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Ann: ECT attends Japanese coal-hydrogen event, page-27

1. 121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1118

"Currently finalising a HOA for the acquisition of this type of technology ECT is aiming to develop a unique and continuous process for the low-temperature and low-pressure catalytic depolymerisation of Coldry pellets combined with other waste feedstocks like construction wood and end of life plastics to produce diesel, bitumen and asphalt. Lignite’s chemical properties, once converted to Coldry, act as a feedstock stabiliser in the conversion of waste streams to transportation diesel."....

Coldry, W2E and Matmor are targeting commercial-scale demonstration:"

https://www.polymersolutions.com/blog/converting-plastics-to-oil/

"Meanwhile, pyrolysis already is being used to produce crude oil from mixed plastic waste by several companies, and now it is geared to scale up with the formation of a new Plastics-to-Oil Technologies Alliance, dedicated to converting non-recycled used plastics into crude oil and other petroleum-based products on a commercial scale. The Plastics-to-Oil Alliance group was formed by the Plastics Division of the American Chemistry Council in January 2014"

Pyrolysis (seperation by high temperature or seperation by fire) is the method used by these industry leaders in the above article.

"Satish's idea to convert plastic to fuel, is far from unique. However, while the process usually used is Pyrolysis (thermochemical decomposition in the absence of oxygen), Satish says he uses a process called depolymerisation....

As part of the process, Satish says that the dead plastic is put in a vacuum chamber along with other ingredients and heated to 350 to 400 degrees Celsius, either by induction heating, microwaving or infrared heating."

"low-temperature and low-pressure catalytic depolymerisation of Coldry pellets"

http://www.ectltd.com.au/coldry/coldry-features/

Low Temperature

• Our process requires waste heat of around 40°C.
    • This low heat is sourced via heat exchange from a co-located power station.
    Low Pressure

Coldry extrudes product under low pressure. Low pressure requires less energy._
    ECT have confirmed the potential WTE tech is "end of life plastics". Excellent. Fishing around on the net, there are 2 "plastics to diesel" processes that are being utilised from what I can see. Depolymerisation (ECT & another mentioned above use this) & pyrolysis - which is "decomposition brought about by high temperatures. Or "seperation by fire". From what I see, all the competing processes require very high temperatures.

I think it's fair to say the proposed WTE tech acquisition combined with Coldry will be very very cost competitive. The major cost in plastic to diesel is the cost of the fuel to "seperate by fire".
    Coldry utilises waste heat - about 40C. The competing depolymerisation process above uses 350-400C. Massive cost difference here. I'm guessing the competing pyrolysis techs also use similar very high temps as the very word "pyrolysis" means "seperation by fire".

In summery, from my limited knowledge:

There are 2 current broad methods of "plastics to diesel etc".
    1/ Pyrolysis & 2/ Depolymerisation
    ECT proposes Depolymerisation, with the absolutely critical potential game changer being ECT's " low-temperature and low-pressure catalytic depolymerisation of Coldry pellets". Coldrys 40C verses the other 350-400C. Perhaps the Coldry depolymerisation process uses "some" high heat as well? Or is it just utilising the waste heat & natural lignite volatility? I'm not sure of this ATM. But IMO it's fair to assume overall the Coldry depolymerisation process will be very very cost competitive.

IMO ECT must have a very high degree of confidence that the WTE acquisition is happening as it was prominent in the Japanese presentation.

I think the presentation overall highlights the very low cost base (the compelling 2016 Dastur TEF Matmor IRR figures are quoted in the pres) "low temperature/low pressure" nature of all 4 of ECT's techs - combined with the utilisation of the natural lignite volatility & obviously ECT's patented knowledge base (Keith etc) developed over many years. NMDC maybe taking note more seriously now? Steel, hydrogen, diesel, solid fuel. Looking good. All imo.

tick tock....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $1 143

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
61 17623064 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 13987918 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.