EDE 0.00% 0.2¢ eden innovations ltd

Ann: EdenCrete - Denver Public Works Commences Evaluation, page-10

1. 9,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3715

Hi Bang,

Sorry about the delay.

I am certainly no expert on DOT approval matters, however, as I understand it, every DOT does their own thing to a certain extent. Some DOT’s rely exclusively on the 12 month NTPEP certification process, whilst others do not.

Most important to us all at the moment, is the fact that putting EdenCrete on an approval list, does not necessarily mean that a DOT will automatically start ordering. As you know, EdenCrete is currently approved by 7 DOT’s, however, only the GDOT and the TxDOT are actually ordering.

Generally, each DOT seems to have their own procedures and timetables for considering applications. Here I would like to point out that an additional 4 DOT’s are currently reviewing applications from EdenCrete for approval. These 4 DOT’s do not require NTPEP certification as a pre-requisite! This means that in the next few months, EdenCrete should be approved by 11 DOT’s in total.

In Denver there is currently a trial being undertaken by the Denver Public Works which has been going on since February. This trial could take up to 12 months. As far as I know the Denver Public Works has nothing to do with the Colorado DOT (CODOT) although I am fairly confident that as long as the Denver Public Works trial is successful, which it is highly likely to be, the CODOT would then also approve EdenCrete for use. This should mean that around February next year, both the Denver Public Works and the CODOT should be in a position to commence ordering EdenCrete for concrete road repair projects.

As far as I know, steps are currently underway seeking field trials with the DOT’s where EdenCrete has been approved but not yet field trialled. It is my hope that due to Friday’s announcement that the GDOT will be ordering EdenCrete for concrete road repair projects throughout Georgia, this will mean that these DOT’s will get their collective fingers out and begin trialling EdenCrete asap. Perhaps Friday’s announcement may even prompt some of them to actually waiver their own tests and begin ordering EdenCrete asap i.e. if the GDOT is ordering EdenCrete then so can we! This of course would be huge!

Turning to the subject of precast bridge beams, it would appear that the ASTM certification that EdenCrete received, in addition to the testing that Valley Prestress undertook, was sufficient to convince the TxDOT to begin ordering precast bridge beams immediately and on a large scale. I am hoping that other DOT’s will adopt this same approach so that EdenCrete can be used not only for concrete road repair projects, but also for projects requiring precast bridge beams (and there are a lot of them!). It goes without saying that the GDOT is the most likely DOT to commence ordering precast bridge beams from one of their existing local precast suppliers. I am presuming here that a precast manufacturer/supplier in Georgia is already trialling EdenCrete for this purpose.

I hope this all helps a bit?

Best regards!

MB

P.S. This post is my own personal opinion and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Readers must do their own research before undertaking any investment decision. The Information herein is based on factual information obtained personally by me, or given personally to me by totally reliable sources.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.