EDE 33.3% 0.2¢ eden innovations ltd

Ann: EdenCrete Project - US Progress Update, page-2

1. 115 Posts.
    AUSTRALIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT 12 AUGUST 2015
    EDENCRETETM - US UPDATE
    • GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT FIELD TRIAL ON I-20
    • EDENCRETETM TO BE ASSESSED BY GDOT
      Perth-based Eden Energy Limited (ASX: EDE) is pleased to announce the Georgia Department of Transport’s (GDOT) first field trial of Eden’s EdenCreteTM concrete admixture was undertaken on Tuesday 11 August 2015 in a trial on the US Interstate Highway I-20 near the border between Georgia and South Carolina (see Figure 1. The field trial was undertaken as part of a planned maintenance programme on I-20 as foreshadowed in Eden’s ASX announcement of 3 August 2015).
    Figure 1 Field Trial being Undertaken On I-20
    Level 15, 197 St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000 Telephone: (08) 9282 5889 Facsimile: (08) 9282 5866 Email: [email protected]
    The trial involved laying 13 cubic yards of concrete enriched with EdenCreteTM to replace a badly worn section of the right hand lane of I-20 (see Figure 2).
    Figure 2 The EdenCreteTM Section of I-20
    On 12 August 2015, two similar sized adjoining sections of the same lane in I-20 will be replaced by GDOT in the same manner using the same concrete mix but with no added EdenCreteTM, to give a basis for the longer term assessment of the comparative performance of EdenCreteTM enriched concrete compared with the same concrete mixture that contains no EdenCreteTM.
    These results will be considered by GDOT alongside the results of the various laboratory tests of EdenCreteTM that GDOT is about to undertake.
    EdenCreteTM is Eden’s 100% owned, proprietary carbon-strengthened concrete additive, one of the primary target markets for which is improving the performance of concrete used in the construction and maintenance of concrete roads, bridges and other infrastructure.
    EdenCreteTM to be Presented to GDOT New Products Assessment Committee
    Eden has also been invited to present EdenCreteTM to the forthcoming quarterly meeting, scheduled to be held on 25 August 2015, of the Georgia Department of Transport new products assessment committee, at which various new products are assessed for possible future approval for use by GDOT on its infrastructure projects.
    Whilst neither the timetable of this process nor the outcome are certain, they provide Eden with a very good opportunity to present to GDOT both the anticipated performance and longer term financial benefits that the use of EdenCreteTM could potentially deliver to GDOT on its future highway (and other infrastructure) maintenance and construction programmes.
    In addition to thousands of miles of concrete roads and highways, Georgia has in excess of 15,000 concrete bridges (ranging from small to large), a recent audit of which indicated that over 4,000 were not suitable for repair and need to be replaced over the next 20 years, at an estimated annual cost in excess of $300 million per year.
    A successful outcome of these trials in Georgia and a future approval by GDOT is considered likely to accelerate the process of obtaining similar approvals by the Departments of Transport in other US states, with Eden’s longer term objective being the opening up of the national infrastructure market.
    The continued overall progress of Eden’s efforts to promote EdenCreteTM in the US and in particular these developments with GDOT, are highly encouraging further steps towards Eden eventually achieving its longer term goal of broad penetration of EdenCreteTM into the huge US infrastructure market.
    Gregory H. Solomon
    Executive Chairman

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $7.356M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $1.598K 1.047M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 182922007 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 7689812 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EDE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.