EDE 0.00% 0.2¢ eden innovations ltd

ACN 109 200 900 AUSTRALIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT 27...

1. 115 Posts.
    ACN 109 200 900
    AUSTRALIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT 27 AUGUST 2015
    EDENCRETETM - US UPDATE
    • EDENCRETETM PRESENTED TO THE GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF
      TRANSPORT NEW PRODUCTS EVALUATION COMMITTEE
    • SECOND GDOT FIELD TRIAL OF EDENCRETETM ON I-20
    • EDEN SECURES ITS FIRST COMMERCIAL ORDER FOR EDENCRETETM FOR ASSESSMENT FOR PRE-FABRICATED CONCRETE PRODUCTS FOR THE US RETAIL MARKET
      Perth-based Eden Energy Limited (ASX: EDE) is pleased to announce further positive progress in its efforts to break into the US concrete market with its EdenCreteTM concrete admixture.
      PRESENTATION TO GDOT NEW PRODUCTS EVALUATION COMMITTEE
      On 25 August 2015 a formal presentation was made by Eden to the New Products Evaluation Committee of the Georgia Department of Transport (GDOT) in which both technical and commercial issues associated with the use and performance of EdenCreteTM were addressed. A range of possible outcomes from this presentation may arise and an initial response from GDOT is anticipated within the next few weeks.
      SECOND GDOT FIELD TRIAL OF EDENCRETETM ON I-20
      Following this presentation, on 26 August 2015 a second field trial of EdenCreteTM enriched concrete was undertaken on the Interstate Highway I-20 in Augusta near the border between Georgia and South Carolina. This field trial involved the pouring of an additional 14 cubic yard concrete slab that abuts the first slab that was laid with EdenCreteTM enriched concrete in the first field trial on 11 August 2015 as part of a planned maintenance programme on I-20 (see Figures 1 and 2).
      Level 15, 197 St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000 Telephone: (08) 9282 5889 Facsimile: (08) 9282 5866 Email: [email protected]
    Figure 1 Second Field Trial of EdenCreteTM being Undertaken On I-20
    Figure 2 Second Field Trial of EdenCreteTM being Undertaken On I-20
    Over the next few days, two similar sized adjoining sections of the same lane in I-20 will be replaced by GDOT in the same manner using the same concrete mix but with no added EdenCreteTM, to give a basis for the longer term assessment of the comparative performance of EdenCreteTM enriched concrete compared with the standard concrete mixture.
    The longer term performance results from both the EdenCreteTM enriched slabs from the two field trials and the two control slabs will be monitored and assessed by GDOT against the results from various laboratory tests of EdenCreteTM that GDOT is undertaking and the results of testing by an independent GDOT approved testing agency of samples of the EdenCreteTM enriched concrete used in the second field trial.
    Whilst neither the timetable of this process nor the outcome are certain, Eden is nevertheless encouraged by the progress to date and the on-going interest in the possible performance and commercial benefits that the use of EdenCreteTM could potentially deliver to GDOT on its future highway (and other infrastructure) maintenance and construction programmes.
    In addition to thousands of miles of concrete roads and highways, Georgia has in excess of 15,000 concrete bridges (ranging from small to large), a recent audit of which indicated that over 4,000 were not suitable for repair and need to be replaced over the next 20 years, at an estimated annual cost in excess of $300 million per year.
    A successful outcome of this process in Georgia and an approval by GDOT of the use of EdenCreteTM in concrete for its infrastructure is considered likely to accelerate the process of obtaining similar approvals by the Departments of Transport in other US states, with Eden’s longer term objective being the opening up of the national infrastructure market.
    These on-going developments with GDOT represent further encouraging progress towards Eden eventually achieving its longer-term goal of broad penetration of EdenCreteTM into the huge US infrastructure market.
    FIRST US COMMERCIAL ORDER FOR EDENCRETETM FOR PRE-FABRICATED RETAIL CONCRETE APPLICATIONS
    Eden is also pleased to announce that it has secured its first, small commercial order from a US company that manufactures and markets on a national basis, pre-fabricated concrete products for the large US retail market. Whilst the order is small and is essentially only for the purpose of enabling the evaluation by this company of the benefits that EdenCreteTM may offer, it represents further encouraging progress by Eden in its efforts to towards establishing a range of commercial markets for EdenCreteTM in the US.
    BACKGROUND
    EdenCreteTM is Eden’s 100% owned, proprietary carbon-strengthened concrete additive, one of the primary target markets for which is improving the performance of concrete used in the construction and maintenance of concrete roads, bridges and other infrastructure. Additionally, it has potential for use in a range of other applications including high-rise building construction, marine and coastal applications, water storage and pipelines, and pre-fabricated concrete structures and products.
    Gregory H. Solomon
    Executive Chairman

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.357M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $6.039K 3.052M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 124827643 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 6489015 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EDE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.