PRU 3.41% $2.73 perseus mining limited

Ann: Edikan Gold Mine Update , page-6

1. 4,301 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1875
    From 1 August 2013, the current position of General Manager – Edikan Gold Mine will be replaced by two new positions, namely the General Manager – Edikan Production (“GMP”) and the General Manager – Edikan Sustainability (“GMS”).
    The GMP will focus solely on the efficient and effective production of gold at Edikan. His primary KPIs will include:
    ? Mine safety;
    ? Tonnes of ore mined;
    ? Ounces of gold recovered; and
    ? Cost per ounce of gold production.
    The GMS will focus on ensuring the continued strength of the Company’s social licence to operate in Ghana (and in particular at Edikan) in addition to the well-being and motivation of our employees in Ghana. His primary KPIs will include:
    ? Continuity of business of the Edikan Gold Mining operation;
    ? Compliance with all Ghanaian laws relevant to the Edikan gold Mining operation;
    ? Satisfaction of obligations to the host communities;
    ? Asset security;
    ? Maintaining a motivated and productive workforce.
    The Company is very pleased to announce that a highly qualified and well respected Ghanaian professional manager has been appointed to the role of GMS. He has more than 25 years of experience working with multinational companies involved in the mining industry in Ghana. Perseus’s Chief Operating Officer, Mr Jon Yelland will perform the role of GMP on a full time basis until the recruitment of a new GMP is finalised to replace the current General Manager of the Edikan Gold Mine, Mr Wayne Nicoletto, who will cease employment with the Company on 30 June 2013.
    A range of additional cost reduction programmes have also been initiated at the Edikan Gold Mine and in the Company’s corporate office in Perth. The cost impact of these initiatives is expected to be evident from the September 2013 Quarter onwards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.