SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Ann: EFTPay Partnership, page-45

1. 4,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 440
    so your saying Afterpay needs alot of capital to pay merchants but is not guaranteed to get there money back as most of the time customers that need money upfront are the ones that always struggles eventualy, its just like someone having multiple credit cards, its just another credit provider taking on high risk, all it takes is customers defaulting on payments on afterpay as they are allready maxed out on their existing credit cards and tgen once media gets a hold of this news and publishes it, then it will be interesting to see what happens to the SP then. Also corect me of I'm wrong Afterpay needs capital to continue to grow as they are the one paying the merchants upfront, Also why cant a visa give a year to pay off the purchase with interest to customer and charge merchant a fee for the service, i believe it then become high risk for the future as it could fold with high depts, this model is only good for short term as you get paid fees upfront but are liable for the money paid to the merchants. and i believe fees will be absorbed by losses by money not behing recovered and staff ongoings of Afterpay. just a thought imo. Splitit has no risk but needs time to build and once built to a good turnover then wouldn't need the ongoing labour costs of growing it. thats when you will see higher profits and dividends, but i do believe SPT needs to grow big worldwide like visa then see where the share price would be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.